Published on 24th Jan 2016
What Information Does Five Dots Collect?
- We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information while interacting with our Five Dots application.
- Information gathered can generally be categorized as either anonymous or personally identifiable. Anonymous information is information that can’t be traced back to a specific individual. For example, Five Dots knows what features in the content of the Five Dot’s application was used by a person, but does not know their names, email addresses, or phone numbers.
- Personally identifiable information is information that allows us to identify you. This information can include your name, address, phone number, email address, etc. It’s our belief that you’ll find it beneficial at times to provide us with certain personal information so that your experience with Five Dots’ application is more personally relevant to you and/or delivered directly to you.
Collecting Anonymous Information?
- Currently, Five Dots does and various advertisers and other ad technology companies (referred to as “Third Parties”) may collect anonymous information on Five Dots’ application.
- Five Dots and Third Parties collect anonymous information, which is, including but not limited to, associated with a browser's cookie.
- Finally, Five Dots may be using analytics tools to count, track, and aggregate visitors' activity into our applications. In addition, we may merge information about you with the data of a larger group of users, which then may be shared on an aggregated basis with our advertisers. However, Five Dots will not disclose your individual identity or personal data without your permission. When Five Dots does present aggregated information to outside companies, no one will be able to identify or contact you.
- The entities collecting this anonymous information use it to improve the overall quality of the online experience, including product monitoring and improvement, and targeted advertising on and off Five Dots’ application. You should know that some of our partners (or the partners of our partners) may connect anonymous information collected on our site(s) with your identity if you have provided your identity to those partners or partners of partners.
- If you wish to opt out of the use of anonymous data or the ability of third-parties to connect your anonymous data on a Five Dots application with your personal identity, you can opt out in two ways: (1) You can disable cookies — although this may negatively affect your online experience, as most sites require cookies for very basic browsing. (2) You can opt not to provide such data considered personally sensitive to you.
- In operating the Five Dots application, we may use a technology called "cookies". Cookies are a standard Internet technology that allows a web server to both store and retrieve information on a user's system. Five Dots and the partners use browser cookies to anonymously associate collected information with a specific computer browser.
- If you have provided personally identifiable information to a third party, that third party may be able to associate anonymous information collected on Five Dots and stored via the third party’s cookie with your identity.
Third-Party Media Companies
We use third-party advertising companies and exchanges to serve ads. These third-party ad servers and exchange providers may use web beacons and cookies to help present, better target, and measure the effectiveness of their advertisements. They use data (such as sites visited and browser type) gathered over time and across their networks of webpages to determine or predict the characteristics and preferences of their audience.
Third Parties and Links to Other Web Sites
- Certain third party controlled social media (like Facebook and Twitter) (collectively, the “Social Media Services”) may access your Personal Data should you log in to Five Dots application using a user name by which you log in to such Social Media Services. If you elect to access and use the Social Media Services, you will be sharing your information (which will include personal information if you elect to share such information) with those Social Media Services. The information that you share with such Social Media Services will be governed by the privacy policies and terms of service of the providers of such Social Media Services and not by the policies and procedures we describe here.
- You may also have the option of posting your Services activities to Social Media Services when you access content through the Services (for example, you may post to Facebook that you performed an activity on the Service); you acknowledge that if you choose to use this feature, your friends, followers and subscribers on any Social Media Services you have enabled will be able to view such activity.
Gathering and Using Personally Identifiable Information
- We collect personally identifiable information that you provide to us when you sign up for a newsletter or other service, when you register as a member of Five Dots and/or update your member profile, and when you allow certain third-party services to share information with Five Dots. We use the personally identifiable information that you supply to: 1) provide you with the specific services you select; 2) conduct market and advertising research where your personal information may be anonymized and matched with similarly anonymized third-party data to enable aggregate analysis; 3) send you emails about our application and its updates, which may include new features and enhanced functionality; 4) offer you to make purchases via Five Dots platform for third party goods; 5) to offer customer support (in case of any concerns or support required by you); and 6) store chat summary and provide suggestions (if you are a paid user you will be permitted to chat with experts on the platform in order to plan, track, analyze and review fitness goals and answer specific queries).
- Personally identifiable information is only shared with third parties bound by strict confidentiality and security requirements and under contract to Five Dots, or in anonymized fashion as described above (for research), or when Five Dots has your permission to do so. Five Dots may occasionally sponsor sweepstakes, contests, or other events that require the collection, processing, and storage of individual contact and demographic information that may or may not be shared with participating sponsors. As part of such a sponsored program, the registrant's personal contact and demographic information will not be released to third party or nonparticipating organizations without the user’s consent, and Five Dots will request that co-sponsors of such events maintain the privacy of the registrant’s information. As a general rule, Five Dots does not make a practice of de-identifying personal information on any kind of regular schedule.
- Information posted by visitors – Five Dots may make available through certain of our sites’ services (for example, message boards, forums, chat functionality and blogs, among other services) to which you are able to post information and materials. If you post anything on social media platforms voluntarily then this personal information may become public information, and may be available to visitors to the sites and to the general public. You should be careful and exercise discretion while posting on such platforms. FIVE DOTS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THE SITES.
Who Does Five Dots Share the Information It Collects With?
- Five Dots uses third-party companies to serve you when you visit our application. Five Dots also does work with third parties to "append" information to the personal information Five Dots collects (e.g., to append age or gender based on a user’s email address). Five Dots is not in the business of selling your information. Other than the circumstances stated above, in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties, we do not share Personal Data without further notice to you. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. Five Dots stores the information it collects on its or its licensor’s servers who employ industry-recognized security measures to protect it. Five Dots does not verify and audit its licensor’s security measures.
- Other than when shared under contract and with confidentiality and security provisions or for research purposes, Five Dots does not provide third-party access to your personal information, except in the aggregate — and only after the information has been de-identified. Five Dots will not disclose the contact or demographic information of any individual user to advertisers or any other outside organization without the express permission of the individual.
Information from Children Under Age 13.
Five Dots will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. When we do receive information (with parental consent) from users under the age of 13, we will never voluntarily share their personally identifiable information with third parties, regardless of their stated preference given at registration.
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties
We do hire or engage consultants and companies to perform certain business-related functions. When we engage such third party to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Five Dots, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Five Dots application or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability; Five Dots may share your Personal Data.
You can use the Five Dots application without providing any Personal Data. Should you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain Five Dots application benefits.
Five Dots takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data received via the Five Dots application so as to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the Personal Data. However, as no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail or upload on the Five Dots application. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Five Dots.
Other Terms and Conditions
Your access to and use of this Site is subject to the Terms of Service.
Access to Information
You may change or update information in your profile, or delete your account entirely. To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please update your profile or contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted via this Site.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information while you have an account with us and thereafter for as long as we need it for purposes not prohibited by applicable laws. Thereafter, we will either delete your personal information or de-identify it so that it is anonymous and not attributed to your identity.
Review/ correction / manual entry and deletion of personal account / personal data
We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us and any subsequent updates. We encourage you to review, update, and correct the personal information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way which infringes any applicable legal requirements, by contacting us. At our election, instead of deleting such information, we may retain it with your comment or correction noted in our records. By contacting us, you may also object to our further use of your personal information if you have compelling legitimate grounds (this may involve closing your account). We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the law or your jurisdiction: (i) if your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive, (ii) where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or (iii) if the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct and delete your information is subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at [email]. Please note that while we’re happy to answer general questions, in order to protect the privacy of our users, we do not answer specific questions about the information collected about specific users (including users who may request access to the information collected on them).